Director of Retail Operations
About Our Client
Our client is a quality manufacturer of premium designed furniture. They deliver outstanding business results while being responsive to our customers, our employees, and the environment.
- Plan and implement a strategy to maximize achievement of sales goals
- Identify underperforming stores and develop a business plan to address and manage issues effectively
- Manage allocated budget, monitor/track sku level performance to ensure optimal gross margin
- Oversee goals assigned to store managers and brand ambassadors including sales productivity and KPI metrics
Communication / Relationship Development
- Responsible for overall direct communication to retail store partners.
- Facilitate cross-functional team communication between Merchandising, Product Management, Marketing and Operations.
- Review and update policies and procedures for regional retail stores
Operations / Management
- Oversee inventory control within retail stores, provide monthly and annual reporting
- Coordinate approval and processing of bi-weekly payroll and monthly commission payments
- Create weekly sales and inventory reports
- Develop and review standard operating procedures; policies and operational guidelines to ensure customer satisfaction and employee productivity across the region.
- Schedule regular store visits to verify and monitor operations, adequate staffing, satisfactory inventory levels, sales trends, exemplary customer service, Ensure regular audits are performed and that each location is held accountable for the results.
- Supervise annual evaluation performance reviews, and provide salary increase/individual bonus incentives proposals.
- Manage customer service activities and staff competence to optimize sales performance and customer satisfaction
- Identify trends and make suggestions to improve and enhance retail performance to deliver sales and service goals.
- Ensure brand environment is impeccable at all times; partner with corporate teams for repairs, maintenance and I.T.
- Oversee the recruitment and hiring process for regional operations managers, store managers and brand ambassadors.
- Ensure the full implementation of training programs for new store managers and coach and develop to ongoing performance needs
- Coach and develop skills of all direct reports
The Successful Applicant
- Management experience with team across multiple locations
- Sales experience in premium / high-end in retail
- 8-10 years of experience
- Degree or equivalent
- Skills: entrepreneurial mind-set, able to work across different departments, areas within the organization, sales strategy, impactful communications
- Customer Service
- Understanding of furniture industry, home & garden industry
- Work in multinational/international company (understanding of working with international team, international mindedness, different time zone)
- Merchant experience
What's on Offer
- Industry-competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision and LTD insurances
- Paid time off (vacation)
- Paid company holidays
- Company paid life insurance
- 401K and profit sharing plans