- Join a National GC as their Head of Safety for Greater New England
- Opportunity to step into leadership (grow into Corporate Safety Director)
About Our Client
My client is a leading General Contractor that has been operating for the last 90 years! They have grown into a $700M+ revenue business annually across the US ($120M in MA) with projects within Healthcare, Higher-Education, Life Sciences, Commercial and more!
The Director of Safety is responsible for:
- Leads development of and clearly articulates Company's safety vision, objectives, strategies, and policies
- Establish procedures in order to build a safety culture dedicated to behaviors which lead to best in class results.
- Provides proactive leadership and assumes ownership of building a best in class safety culture by
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions and conclusions, and monitors results to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Ensures safety & health training meet the needs of internal and external (client & regulating entities) requirements, so staff has the safety training to safely perform tasks and jobs.
- Leads incident investigations.
- Manages hazard assessment activities by conducting and/or supervising safety inspections, and analyzing inspection and incident data to identify opportunities to develop preventive and corrective practices.
- Develops annual plans & budgets for safety & health initiatives, including training.
- Leads and manages the safety staff: develops a high performance, customer-oriented work team, through hiring, motivating, coaching, appraising, rewarding & disciplining, and addressing complaints and resolving issues related to staff.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Director of Safety will have;
- 7-10+ years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Construction Management or related preferred
- Experience working for a reputable Commercial General Contractor
- Project background within Commercial, Higher-Ed, Healthcare, etc
- Experience managing safety team
What's on Offer
The Director of Safety will receive:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Monthly vehicle allowances
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Eligibility for company ESOP program
- 401K with match