Director of Sales - East
An exciting opportunity to join an internationally established business
An exciting opportunity to join a growing business in the US
About Our Client
Silver Fern Farms Limited is a New Zealand multinational meat company. It is owned in equal partnership by Silver Fern Farms Co-op Ltd, a cooperative of 16,000 New Zealand sheep, cattle and deer farmers and Shanghai Maling Aquarius Ltd. The company is New Zealand's largest livestock processing and marketing company. It has investments in manufacturing, meat processing, transport of live stock, export logistics and meat marketing, with associated companies including, New Zealand and Australian Lamb Company Limited, The Lamb Co-Operative, Inc, Robotic Technologies Limited, Livestock Logistics Nationwide Limited. Kotahi Logistics LP, Ovine Automation Limited, FarmIQ Systems Ltd, Primary Collaboration NZ Ltd and the Red Meat Profit Partnership.
- Champion the company and brand vision with all Silver Fern Farms stakeholders
- Build effective customer relationships and maintain a customer-focused approach to ensure the delivery of high-quality sales and account management services
- Be achievement-focused, forward-thinking and success-driven; demonstrate a commitment to achieving challenging objectives; identify opportunities for improving systems and processes.
- Develop and manage processes which improve business performance
- Participate and contribute to the company's strategic planning and business review processes.
- Develop effective relationships with key customers to ensure client satisfaction and to develop new business opportunities
- Identify business opportunities and threats and develop plans to respond appropriately
- Ensure long-term market and sales growth, brand and product development initiatives.
- Manage the development and implementation of sales and account plans to meet medium and long-term business goals
- Identify new market opportunities for expanding our reach and to grow sales and profitability
- Add value to customer relationships through the provision of timely and relevant insight to support sales and marketing objectives.
- Foster awareness of and loyalty to the Silver Fern Farms brand in the US in a manner that is consistent with global brand strategy.
- Support with retail and foodservice programs in line with the US Market Strategies
- Support with sell in a range of products to identified retailers in launch plans
- Support in implementing the appropriate level of sales support programs with each supermarket chain including price promotions and in-store promotions to maximize sales.
- Maintain and regularly update sales forecasts for each key account customer, to ensure these are managed as part of the wider company S&OP processes
- Maintain weekly updates back to the wider business about key outcomes and initiatives to grow the USA business
- Support existing distributors and maximize their effort to build the brand in the US
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of progress on the development and implementation of agreed projects against budget
- Propose initiatives with a clear business case including indications of costs and benefits with regular reporting on the achievement of these.
- Ensure the effective use of sales funds to achieve sales and margin objectives.
- Develop and monitor a financial budget for the designated area of responsibility.
The Successful Applicant
- 10+ years of professional experience in Protein Senior Sales / Key Account management roles
- Strong FMCG and business-to-business sales experience in the USA
- Demonstrated experience in developing sales in new markets and fostering the growth of key accounts.
- Has extensive knowledge of current USA meat industry dynamics
- Understands pricing and volume trends in the USA beef markets
- Strong commercial acumen
- Food industry experience essential
- Tertiary education -Degree preferred
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Sound project management and facilitation skills
- Proven computer literacy
- Excellent relationship skills and networks
- Rigorous customer focus.
- Professional maturity and drive
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation structure
- Great company culture
- Great portfolio of products
- Opportunity for growth