Director Of Special Projects
Colorado based GC with great reputation and a growing pipeline of projects
Opportunity to further your career with a Top ENR GC within Denver Colorado
About Our Client
One of the fastest-growing Top ENR General Contractors within the front range. With offices throughout US they have astrong team of industry professionals is responsible for an impressive portfolio of premier properties.
- Review project plans, requirements, and specifications.
- Coordinate with the Senior Project Managers and Senior Superintendent during all phases of design to ensure estimates meet projects requirements.
- Review accurate takeoffs, material pricing, and understand all bid documents and project risks.
- Prepare bid packages after comparing and analyzing competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Actively participate in design meetings in support of the Preconstruction Manager with owners and architects during the design development phase.
- Implement training and development programs to improve the preconstruction process and promote individual professional development.
- Develop and maintain existing client relationships before, during and after completion of projects.
The Successful Applicant
- Knowledge of multifamily and commercial construction in the Denver, CO region is required.
- A License holder would be preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience is required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in construction with at least 5 years in multifamily construction is required.
- Extensive multifamily construction experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have thorough knowledge of commercial & multifamily trades, ability to analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods.
- Knowledge of PC and of construction and business software, including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state approved driver's license. Must be able to furnish a vehicle for use during the workday.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Proficient with construction related tools such as tape measure, construction level, calculator, and etc.
What's on Offer
- 4 weeks vacation
- Medical, Dental, Health
- Company vehcial
- Quartley Bonuses