- Directs Portfolio Strategy and BD for Oncology & Vaccines areas globally.
- Global clinical-staged biotechnology company with a growing presence in the US.
About Our Client
Our client is a clinical-staged biotechnology which develops drugs and therapies including across oncology, vaccines, biologics, and rare disease. Due to demand, the business has expanded exponentially with a head count already of over 700 employees globally and 100 based in the Boston/Cambridge area.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Partner with R&D colleagues to shape disease area and portfolio strategy. Provide scientific assessment for portfolio expansion. Define new pipeline assets and execute plans for stage gate reviews
- Develop a vision and a set of strategic priorities across therapeutic areas in collaboration with the corporate strategy team, the R&D team and other functions.
- Develop and refine target product profiles for new programs with clear expectations for successful product launch based on robust commercial assessments. Lead market research to prioritize and execute early commercial plans.
- Partner with Global Insights & Analytics on competitive intelligence activities.
- Develop and manage team of strategy & BD contributors.
- Lead early stakeholder engagement with key opinion leaders, advisors and advocates.
- Provide lifecycle planning support on commercial assessments for indication expansion opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
- PhD or MD degree is required.
- Must have in-depth knowledge in Vaccines or Oncology discovery and development
- Must have multi-year successful track record in external R&D, partnering and/or business development. Excellent track record of identifying, implementing, and managing novel partnering opportunities.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary.
- Significant stock options, IPO in near horizon.
- High-growth potential biotech company with diverse pipeline.
- Remote based, ideally on East Coast.
- Strong annual bonus incentive.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Pivotal role for company's aggressive expansion - early BD hire directly responsible for expanding the company's growth.