Director of Warehouse Management
Exciting Director of Warehouse Operations Opportunity with Growing Company!
Full Benefits! 401k with Match. MEDICAL. DENTAL. VISION.
About Our Client
For over 40 years our client has brought beauty and function to homes and gardens across North America. Today they continue their founders' legacy, where artistic passion and quality workmanship lay the foundation for their products.
- Support our mission for the manufacture, and distribution of innovative, safe, reliable, and cost-effective solutions to meet our customer needs.
- Perform all duties according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and follow appropriate safety precautions and compliance measures.
· Manage Master agreements between the suppliers, contract manufacturers and Trendspot; Work with vendor development to drive improvements at contract manufacturers; Report on location of WIP orders at contract manufacturers.
· Create and review supplier and internal scorecards for reporting of metrics, some of which include: on-time, in-full (fill rates), lost orders, stock-outs, turns, inventory categories, quality.
· Ensure accuracy of vendor data in ERP system (Sage) with lead times, cost, unit of measure, etc.
· Translate forecasting in inventory plan for customers; Monitor progress to schedule at contract manufacturers.
· Monitor transportation to Trendspot via ocean carrier to the port of entry; Coordinate will distribution centers timing release from port.
- Analyze inventories to determine ways to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service; Work with Finance to set inventory and cashflow budgets.
- Manage inventory cycle and physical counts at each distribution center (A/B/C classifications, schedules, inventory adjustments, standard cost updates, SOPs).
- Support production data maintenance by standardizing product IDs, system cost data, preferred vendor maintenance, lead time, and batch size, safety stock and batch size and product status,
- Develop & implement a comprehensive Sales & Operations Planning Process (S&OP).
· Collaborate effectively with peer functions in Asia Supply Chain, Sales, Finance, Customer Buyers.
- Proactively lead the Supply Chain/Materials team and continuously seek opportunities for improvement of processes and procedures by analyzing reports, business metrics, and external benchmarks.
- Review inventory, supply orders, tracking, and deliveries for all departments.
The Successful Applicant
- Awareness and compliance to Quality System Regulation (QSR).
- Ability and experience in creating and implementing management policies, budget preparation and fiscal management; Investigation and analysis of information to draw conclusions.
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; Present effectively to small and large groups; Multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient computer skills with knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience with records maintenance, document control, statistical analysis and process validation and control.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Supervisory or managerial experience of at least 5 years.
- Ability to train, cross train, direct, and mentor others.
- Participate in performance reviews and issue performance correction notices, as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or a minimum of seven (7) years experience in a manufacturing environment with extensive experience in supply chain management, supplier qualifications, purchasing, inventory, planning, supervision, and computer systems is required.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, communication, and networking skills are required.
- Knowledge of Lean Supply Chain techniques is required.
- P.M. or CPIM certification is preferred.
- Experience working in seasonal and/or retail distribution environment.
- Experience managing multiple distribution sites in inventory management.
- Understanding of import, export and customs Requirements.
- Experience working in ERP Systems (Sage100 preferred)
- Understanding of Asia Supply Chain and working with overseas suppliers.
- Ability to effectively manage a global team and work-related hours as needed.
What's on Offer
- 3 Weeks PTO
- Insurance 80% covered
- 401k w/ 4% Match
- Great culture