Director/ED - Data Assurance and Validation
One of the largest international banks
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest international banks in the world.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Develops and supervises the strategies, approach, and activities of the CUSO data assurance and validation function
- Responsible for maintaining the CUSO Data Assurance and Validation framework, including oversight of the Policy, Procedures and Inventory as well as accountability for periodically testing and challenging the quality of regulatory, management, and risk reports
- Manages the annual testing work plan and calendar to ensure: Testing activities cover report preparation controls evaluation (reporting documentation, reconciliation, aggregation controls, and management review and analysis), key data elements ("KDE") quality and integrity testing, and report accuracy testing (classification and mapping validation)
- Approves data assurance and validation recommendations and observations
- Communicates to US Region CRO, executive management, and other stakeholders, as needed
- Socializes with senior management and cross-organizational functions on data assurance and validation roles and expectations
- Collaborates with other cross-organizational functions as needed to develop annual work plan that aligns testing scopes, approaches, and methodologies with the legal entity data assurance and validation functions
- Monitors and updates data assurance and validation governance structure and the responsibilities of departments in the function and other departments relate related to data assurance and validation, as appropriate
- Supports and trains on data assurance and validation practices, such as identification, testing, validation, and reporting.
The Successful Applicant
- Knowledge of the financial markets, banking operations and model validation
- Independent worker, accountable and skilled in exercising sound judgment and decisiveness under pressure
- Knowledgeable of risk data aggregation (RDA) and risk reporting management and associated regulatory requirements (BCBS 239) are required.
- Strong interpersonal, team-working and organizational communication skills to collaborate with related business departments/teams.
- Mathematical skills with an understanding of data quality metrics, data infrastructure, metadata repositories (including data dictionaries), nd attention to details
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Access) and risk management tools
- Good command of spoken and written English and Mandarin, preferred not required
- BS in quantitative discipline required or advanced technical degree in finance, financial engineering, accounting, audit, mathematics, or related fields
- Industry certifications a plus (e.g., CPA, CFA, CIA, FRM)
- 12+ years of experience managing data related quality assurance or in an enterprise risk management reporting activity
- Prior experience at a foreign bank, preferred
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Free Insurance
- Strong exposure to senior management