- Our Client is an Industry Leader in the Renewable Energy Sector
- Client is Actively Hiring for the Role
About Our Client
Our Client is a global industry leader in renewable energy generation, catering to industry and energy applications.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Develop effective, compliant electrical and controls-system solutions to address product needs through thorough evaluation of requirements and development of operational specifications (Siemens protocols preferred)
- Evaluate the suitability of electrical products and components to meet technical, cost and codes and standards requirements
- Verify system and component capability by developing and implementing robust testing methods; includes test procedure development, build and test support, as required.
- Create and maintain product design documentation, including obsolescence evaluations and product improvements
- Work with outside vendors/suppliers, as necessary, to evaluate designs, value-add capabilities, and documentation
- Collaborate with project team and service team to provide technical support regarding system capabilities, product implementation, and potential customizations
- Support FMEA and reliability exercises, as well as internal and customer HAZOP activities
- Develop and support cyber-security design methodologies per current industry practices
- Focus on advancement of product communication and data management through cross-functional support from sales, applications and field service.
The Successful Applicant
- 3-7 years of industry related experience (Siemens PLC preferred, programming, communication protocols like MODBUS, Profinet, Remote I/O, TCP/IP).
- Ability to develop and maintain control system schematics (Visio, AutoCAD...?)
Commercial products experience preferred, specifically considering classified explosive environ ments per NFPA. and ATEX
- Working knowledge, familiarity, and application of NEC, IEC, ISO, and CE Codes and Standards
- Knowledge and application of control system designs for large scale industrial systems
- Experience with control safety topologies, safety-rated PLCs, etc. Redundant control elements design experience is a plus.
- Demonstration of experience simplifying designs, reducing costs and increasing the value of engineered systems.
- Understanding of sub-system operational characteristics and potential interactions that influence overall product/system performance.
- Motivated self-starter with high level of initiative and creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to manage subsystem developments, including defining requirements and milestones and executing independently.
- Capable of working well in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Experience working with electromechanical devices is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; familiarity with ERP is a plus
- Limited travel could be required to vendor or customer sites
What's on Offer
- Comprehensive health and insurance benefits
- Paid Vacation time