- Be the SME for electrical engineering at a growing company
- Make a difference helping create life saving medical devices
About Our Client
Our client is a top medical device CDMO located in the Greater Boston area. They are a mid-sized, well established company that focuses on taking life saving devices designs from concept all the way through manufacturing, and looking to grow their team.
- Performs design and analysis to achieve product performance, cost, reliability, manufacturability requirements
- Performs circuit design including analog input signal conditioning, embedded control, motor control, telemetry, and inductive power coupling
- Designs battery controlled devices
- Designs power supplies, battery systems, power management and charging circuits
- Designs and/or leads design of printed circuit assemblies and electromechanical assemblies
- Trouble shoots designs and maintains engineering notebook
- Specifies and/or designs embedded software and firmware for test and verification purposes
- Develops electronic and electromechanical system requirements (specifications) and development plans
- Interfaces with and manages suppliers to fabricate prototype and final design components
- Participates in architecture design, subsystem requirements partitioning, requirements management and configuration management during product development
- Builds, tests, debugs, and maintains configuration of prototype assemblies
- Develops and executes formal design verification tests
- Develops documentation of specifications, designs, test plans and reports for inclusion in medical product Design History Files
- Creates and releases medical device manufacturing process instructions, bills of material, lot history travelers, and related documentation
- Participates in the development of quality inspection and manufacturing process instructions for electronic assemblies
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum BS/MS in an engineering discipline; with 5+ years' experience in a product development role.
- Familiarity and experience with electronic design automation tools: e.g.: schematic capture, analog and digital circuit simulation, tolerance and worst-case analysis, etc.
- Experienced in at least two of the following areas:
- Embedded control design
- Embedded software and firmware design
- Power supply and battery management circuits
- Design of Lithium Ion Battery Packs
- Motor control: stepper, BLDC controls and position sensors
- Analog and digital sensor interfacing and signal processing
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Experience with Altium Designer
- Experience with Systems and Electronic CAD and simulation tools (e.g.: MATLAB, SPICE, Labview, etc.
- Printed circuit layout experience
- FPGA design experience
- Experience within the Medical Device or a highly regulated industry
- Knowledge of Medical Device Verification and Validation for compliance with FDA guidance
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent PTO and benefits
- Great growth opportunity