- Profitable Electric Vehicle OEM
- Leadership position with a fast growing EV disrupter
About Our Client
Our client for the Electrical Engineering Manager opportunity is an Electric Vehicle Class 8 OEM with profitable operations since 2016. This company specializes in fleet vehicles and already has vehicles in the market today with over 100 different customers such as DHL. The Electrical Engineering Manager will be managing a team of Electrical Engineers and be a part of their rapid growth as they expand into new products and markets. This position is offering relocation assistance. The role is located in the Central Region of the US. Relocation is required.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Manage, development and drive the electrical engineering team through entire product life cycle
- Design, development and launch electrical components and systems for complete electric vehicle
- Work cross functionally with other teams and groups - mechanical engineers, systems engineering, manufacturing, operations, procurement, etc.
- Develop and implement a technology and innovation roadmap.
- Evaluate and consistently look to improve the engineering development processes and procedures
- Drive continuous improvement for performance and customer satisfaction
- Establish and maintain strong customer relationships with suppliers to develop new products and push forward programs
- Train, mentor, and develop less experienced team members with an emphasis on career and talent development
- Oversee annual budget - planning and meeting budget expectations
- Customers and supplier reviews as needed
- Limited travel locally and internationally as required
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or related
- 10 years of experience within electrical engineering in automotive, commercial vehicle, off highway or related
- Must have 3 years or more management experience leading a team of engineers
- Must have experience with some of the following electrical components and systems - DC wiring, automotive harnesses, inverters, dc/dc converters, gauges, switches, controls, sensors, charging stations, motors, infotainment, touch screens, displays, etc.
- Ability to understand and identify key market technology trends, with strategic market development experience
- Hands on experience with cross functional teams internally and working with key suppliers
- Exceptional presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience with methods and tools for calibration and components
- Proven track record of managing timelines and long/short term assignments
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, vacation, full benefits, PTO, 401K match, relocation assistance. Opportunity to work for an industry game changer and disrupter.