- High growth opportunity for privately owned manafacturer
- Competitive compensation package with premium benefits
About Our Client
My client is a full-service manufacturer of open gearing and gearboxes. For more than a century they have delivered high performance, mission critical gearing and gearboxes. My client designs and builds custom gearboxes to meet each customer's specific application and requirements. They can build to print, reverse engineer a single gear, or deliver a complete gearbox.
They also offer an attractive benefits program, a bonus program for all employees, celebrations for company and individual successes, and recognition for years of service. If you are looking to make your next career move, I would love to talk to you about a long-term career opportunity with this company.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Plans, develops, coordinates and reviews engineering work to accomplish routine output while fostering growth to meet organizational improvement goals.
- Coordinates and interfaces as directed with the day-to-day technical work of engineers
- Communicates complex technical discussions with third parties (customer, suppliers, and regulators)
- Collaborates with estimating on the preparation of estimates and work plans to determine feasibility of new projects, their schedule and budget.
- Coordinates with customer representatives as delegated to obtain approval on phases of work
- Reviews and approves key engineering drawings and calculations
- Coordinates assigned engineering drawings with other project groups
- Mentors engineers by providing appropriate on-the-job training for their professional development
- Promotes the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction
- Prepares process sheets detailing methods and operations to be utilized to manufacture customer specified projects
- Draws machining sketches as aids to accompany process sheets
- Reviews and investigates manufacturing change requests. Makes changes to methods and processes as required
- Investigate and assist manufacturing personnel in resolving manufacturing problems
- Requisition raw materials for the manufacture of parts
- Investigate and assist in the resolving of quality problems
- Foster a team spirited environment
- Independently solve problems and display conflict resolution skills
The Successful Applicant
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a strong sense of urgency, with the ability to handle confidential information.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability in process engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and difficult projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results.
- Results-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
- CNC Machining experience - understanding of machining, gears, gear components
- ISO 9001:2015
- CAD / CAM experience
What's on Offer
- Base salary up to $120K, depending on an individual's level of experience
- Between 5-10% annual bonus
- Pay 85% of healthcare benefits - 3 medical plans through BCBS, plus dental and vision. Eligible 30 days after start date.
- 401k 50% of first 6%. Eligible from first day of employment.
- PTO 2 weeks vacation + 1 week sick time (pooled together)
- Flexible hours and working structure