- Report to VP of Engineering, on track to take over as VP
- Build the engineering team
About Our Client
Our client is a custom machining manufacturer that specializes in gears and transmission components for a variety of industries, with a team size of 180 between 2 locations. This role is open due to continued revenue growth and have this individual be a key leader within the company to help continue the success for engineering and manufacturing.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Plans, develops, coordinates and reviews engineering work to accomplish routine output while fostering growth to meet organizational improvement goals.
- Coordinates and interfaces as directed with the day-to-day technical work of engineers
- Communicates complex technical discussions with third parties (customer, suppliers, and regulators)
- Collaborates with estimating on the preparation of estimates and work plans to determine feasibility of new projects, their schedule and budget.
- Coordinates with customer representatives as delegated to obtain approval on phases of work-reviews and approves key engineering drawings and calculations
- Coordinates assigned engineering drawings with other project groups-mentors engineers by providing appropriate on-the-job training for their professional development
- Promotes the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction
- Prepares process sheets detailing methods and operations to be utilized to manufacture customer specified projects
- Draws machining sketches as aids to accompany process sheets-reviews and investigates manufacturing change requests.
- Makes changes to methods and processes as required
- Investigate and assist manufacturing personnel in resolving manufacturing problems-requisition raw materials for the manufacture of parts
- Investigate and assist in the resolving of quality problems-foster a team spirited environment
- Independently solve problems and display conflict resolution skills-all other duties and activities as assigned or necessary to support the organization
The Successful Applicant
- 8+ years of manufacturing & engineering design
- 3+ years of experience managing engineering teams and project in manufacturing
- CNC machining knowledge (i.e. mills, lathes, honing, etc...)
- CAD/CAM knowledge (i.e. MasterCAM)
Nice to Haves:
- Engineering degree
- Knowledge of gears, gearboxes, or transmission component machining and manufacturing
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $100,000 to $130,000 per year
- BCBS medical, dental, vision, S/L (85% of benefits covered by the copy)
- 8% bonus
- 3 weeks PTO + 1 week sick time
- 3% 401(k) match
- Clear path to VP of Engineering role