- Want to lead a team of 5-7 engineers?
- Familiar with metal tube and tube fabrication related activities?
About Our Client
The client is a global design and manufacturing services provider for the medical device industry, specializing in surgical technologies, orthopedics, cardiac & interventional, bioelectronics, drug delivery, and diagnostics & patient care.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- The Engineering Manager makes decisions and provides direction to a group of individuals whose charge is to develop projects, processes, and procedures to improve customer satisfaction, efficiency, profitability, and compliance.
- Initiates process and product improvements initiatives.
- Assumes leadership role in developing, evaluating, and improving manufacturing methods.
- Works diligently with Production and Quality departments to develop mechanisms that will improve quality, provide realistic schedules, standardize processes and reduce costs
- Engineering Manager provides leadership to Associates in all areas including: hiring, performance management, coaching, counseling and corrective actions
- Remains flexible to the needs of the business and performs other functions as required.
- Process improvements through the use of both new and existing tools; including Lean, Six Sigma, the Kaizen approach, A3 problem solving, and Root-cause problem solving
- Creation, submittal, and management of capital expenditures for the purposes of new equipment acquisitions, equipment overhauls, and new product or process integrations
- Proactively manage the risk associated with projects so that the Company and the customer's business objectives are achieved.
- Work effectively at all levels of the company to influence multiple resources towards successful completion of projects while having ultimate accountability for successful execution.
- Plans, executes and manages project activities with cross functional teams. Project types can include new product development and introduction, manufacturing transfers, continuous improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- Identify and justify new tube manufacturing equipment and methods in support of continuous improvement and capacity/capability expansion.
- Provide technical interface among customers, manufacturing, suppliers, and outside processors as required to maintain a responsive and productive manufacturing supply chain.
- Encourage and inspire direct reports to drive team participation and engagement.
- Should be able to recommend and be responsible for selection and acquisition of new plant machinery upon approval of capital expenditure requisition.
BS or MS degree in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering or other technical discipline.
- 3+ years experience in Engineering Management or Program/Project Engineer/Lead Engineer
- Tube or Wire Manufacturing engineering experience
- 3+ years experience in regulated manufacturing environment; ISO-13485 or AS9100 preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
- Candidates should be able to work in a fast paced environment, and have the ability to make quick and confident decisions to achieve results.
- Track record of problem solving and solid decision making
- Ability to lead cross-functional/department teams
- Working knowledge of cost accounting fundamentals and labor reporting
- Engineering Manager must have a good understanding of tooling, machinery, processing and materials used in tube processing
What's on Offer
Growth: As the Engineering Manager, you will be leading teams and working closely with our internal and external customers. In this role you will be exposed to all aspects of the business and continue to grow in more strategic roles within the engineering team.
Vision: Our Team embodies our values every day in their dedication to the critical support and expertise we provide our customers and the patients they serve. Together, we're in it for life