- Client puts strong emphasis on promoting from within the organization
- Investment in employee training, education, CEUs
About Our Client
Our client is a privately held manufacturer that serves the aerospace industry. Working with some of the worlds most recognized brands, they are fully invested in their employees. Their current headcount is just over 150 and they are continuing to grow. They have been incredibly stable throughout COVID-19, and have actually grown in sales and headcount. They seek a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team.
- Make changes or improvements needed to insure product maintains or exceeds customer expectations.
- Lead ERP implementation and oversight for engineering control
- Develop project objectives, concepts, design approaches and specifications.
- Investigate and recommend manufacturing methods to ensure component Manufacturability and cost effectiveness.
- Confirm product performance with regards to company standards, customer requirements and related specifications. Exercise sound judgment in the application of engineering principles and practices.
- Instruct engineering department on CAD drawing preparation and layout requirements for all component parts and assemblies.
- Evaluate and approve drawings for accuracy of design, dimensions, tolerances, material specifications, and drawing releases.
- Assist production during startup of new product designs to assure product quality and minimize production costs.
- Travel to supplier location if necessary for facility approval, quality inspection, production-forecast etc.
- Work with Customer Service and Production to quickly resolve product field applications or performance problems.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
A successful candidate will possess the following skills/experience:
- 8+ years in engineering and manufacturing environments
- Knowledge of CAD design for New Product Development and legacy products
- Experience working with ERP systems; implementing changes and setting up new document control
- Experience supervising and/or managing staff or engineers
- Manage projects/programs from NPD to launch of production
- 4 year technical degree
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of LEAN/Six Sigma concepts
What's on Offer
- Base salary between: $110,000 to $130,000
- Target bonus at 10%
- 3 weeks PTO, 5 sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- 401(k) match at 4%
- BCBS Health care and benefits
- Paid training and continuing educational opportunities