Opportunity to build your own book of business
Boutique Title Company
About Our Client
Houston based Title Company working on Commercial, Residential, and Land transactions with the backing of top Underwriters.
The Escrow Officer will be supporting the two senior Escrow Officers with the current and future transaction portfolio. You will be responsible for the following:
- Follow standardized procedures to complete escrow transactions in an accurate and timely manner by determining requirements, clearing titles, creating and processing closing documents, and disbursing funds
- Obtain clear title by ordering title reports, resolving title defects, satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals
- Prepare closing disclosures, escrow agreements and all other settlement documents according to lender and/or buyer/seller instructions
- Audit all files for accuracy, completion, and compliance to prevent potential claims * Coordinate closings via e-notary or mobile notary services
- Provide correct lender closing instructions and oversee the receipt and proper disbursement of funds
- Ensure all outstanding checks and escrowed funds are properly managed
- Satisfy any post-closing activities that may be required
- Clearly communicate and collaborate with cross-department contacts in Customer Experience / Sales, Contract Operations, and Funding to promptly troubleshoot and resolve any issues in the Title process to avoid delays
- Establish and maintain positive internal and external customer relationships by providing exceptional customer service and professional communication to clients, Realtor, lenders, and mortgage brokers
- Additional ad hoc work as needed
The Successful Applicant
- Must currently serve as an Escrow Officer, Jr. Escrow Officer, OR an extremely seasoned Escrow Assistant
- HS Diploma Required
- Prior Experience with Residential AND Commercial transactions is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Knowledge of client-based systems
- Attention to detail
- Motivated and positive team player
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve in a growing, expanding business with little over site
- Ability to multi-task in fast-pace environment.
- Ability to manage deadlines, time lines, and create and execute plans to achieve daily, short-term, and long-term goals.
What's on Offer
Competitive base pay + bonus opportunities.