Estimator/ Business Development - Birmingham
Great national GC with a great company culture!
Opportunity to grow!
About Our Client
We provide preconstruction, general contracting, and construction management services throughout 25+ states. With offices in across the country in new construction, renovations, and design-build projects. Portfolio consists of projects valued up to $20 million each including work in health care, higher education, light industrial, commercial, multi-unit residential, retail, financial, governmental, and LEED facilities.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Calculate quantities and costs of construction items for estimating projects.
- Research material, labor, and equipment pricing for cost estimating projects.
- Participate in gathering of data to support market condition research, inclusive of but not limited to: construction economic, trends, current projects, contractor's availability and skill sets, labor force, and other miscellaneous contributions on aspects of construction.
- Enter calculate and researched data into computer utilizing specific cost estimating software programs.
- Assist in the scope of work of multiple trades to ensure nothing is missed for the project team.
- Assist the estimating team with data conversions and analysis of cost estimating efforts in format and easily understandable.
- Respond to common inquiries or issues from clients, regulatory agencies, or member of the business and general community at large.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience estimating commercial construction projects to include commercial new/ground up construction, interior renovation/tenant improvement and fit-out projects up to $10 million.
- Must be experienced in quantity take-offs.
- Must have the ability to read drawings and interpret specifications.
- Prior experience with multiple bid styles (Xactimate, Lump Sum, Competitive Bid, Cost Plus and Negotiated/GMP) is desirable.
- Computer skills required - Microsoft Project, On-Screen Takeoff, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Knowledge of the southeastern market is preferred, but not required.
What's on Offer
Our client believes outstanding employees build the foundation necessary for excellence in business. It is with this belief that we are always looking for the best qualified and most talented employees to become part of our team. Offers advancement opportunities along with an excellent salary and benefits package that includes, medical, dental, vision, ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) and 401(k). Qualified candidates will be required to submit to a background screening upon acceptance of an offer.