- Work with a firm that values your work-life balance needs
- Amazing benefits and overall compensation packages
About Our Client
This industry-leader has delivered construction projects for high-profile clients across the Midwest. They have a reputation of producing high quality work, meeting project deadlines, respecting project budgets, and being easy to work with. Our client is passionate about earning business the right way through cultivating lasting relationships and partnering with clients to make the process as smooth as possible from start to finish. They are well-known in the market for low staff turnover and quick progression into leadership positions. Currently, their least tenured employee has worked with the business for 5 years, demonstrating how well their treat employees and the excellent working environment they foster. Due to the company's success in recent years, high-performing employees have received generous and higher than average bonuses.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
* Reviews project plans, requirements and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project and develop scope of work, labor and equipment costs.
* Prepares quantity takeoffs and pricing of scope either through self-perform production based estimate or unit price estimating.
* Reviews and understands all bid documents and material requirements to assess constructability and product material requirements.
* Prepares bid packages; involves comparison and analysis of competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
* Analyzes subcontractor bonding capabilities, workload and prior performance relative to project.
* Prepares estimates according to the requirements of multiple delivery systems. Reviews quotes and estimates with the project management team.
* Assists with certain post-bid buyouts.
* Initiates and participates in meet and greet presentations with subcontractors and suppliers.
* Comprehends contract requirements for diversity compliance.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this position, you are required to have at least 5 years' estimating experience and a personal track record of reliability and high-quality work. You will be given incredible autonomy in this role, so you should have experience leading a team and moving the preconstruction process along.
* Construction related degree preferred
* 5 years of experience or more
* Extensive knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and engineering principles
* Able to work independently without much supervision and work well with a team
* Engages and coordinates with Lead Estimator on the bid.
* Understands Costs and Market Conditions.
* Takes accountability for delivering on commitments.
* Identifies and understands differences in subcontractor quotations.
* Accurately estimates time required to complete actions and activities.
* Accurately interprets written information associated with projects.
* Advanced computer skills with estimating software.
* Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment.
What's on Offer
Our client is offering a competitive salary to get the right person on board, up to $140k. Their package includes full benefits: high bonus potential, healthcare, company vehicle, and 401K. Additionally, the opportunity to work on a skilled team of driven & like-minded individuals. A clear and structured career development plan will be presented to the successful candidate. Regular performance reviews and salary reviews are conducted on a quarterly basis.