- Preconstruction Manager or Senior Estimator role in commercial construction
- Great work life balance, local work to Columbus, excellent company culture
About Our Client
An industry-leading provider of commercial general contracting and design-build services for public and private sector construction clients across Ohio. Performing both interiors and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities.
- Works directly with Chief Estimator to generate estimates for small and large projects.
- Compile bidders lists with PM's.
- Maintains bid log and actively updates status for management.
- Interact directly with project owners as required including attending meetings with partners and project managers.
- Bi-weekly project updates with entire team.
- Work closely with owners as needed, including walk-through' s, for bid preparation and proposal development.
- Communicate and interact with sub-contractors and component suppliers such as concrete, steel, joist, precast and masonry.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5+ years in commercial construction estimating or preconstruction.
- Must be able to quickly and accurately review plans and evaluate drawings.
- Familiarity with local jurisdictions, codes and review processes a plus.
- Superior attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
What's on Offer
- Up to $120,000 base salary
- Individual performance bonuses
- Company profit bonuses
- Health insurance benefits
- Dental insurance benefits
- Vision insurance benefits
- 3-4 weeks PTO
- 401k company match
- Company cell phone, iPad and computer
- Maternal and Paternal leave
- An excellent company culture and a chance to join a great team