- General contractor with massive project backlog into 2022
- Training and development into senior level roles
About Our Client
This general contractor is a local family owned business with over 20 years in operation. While based in Ohio, they have multiple offices across the Midwest and build across the US. Their current backlog of work consists of grocery store renovation projects and TI builds for the restaurant and hospitality industries.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Reviews project plans, requirements and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project and develop scope of work, labor and equipment costs.
- Prepares quantity takeoffs and pricing of scope either through self-perform production based estimate or unit price estimating.
- Reviews and understands all bid documents and material requirements to assess constructability and product material requirements.
- Prepares bid packages; involves comparison and analysis of competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Analyzes subcontractor bonding capabilities, workload and prior performance relative to project.
- Prepares estimates according to the requirements of multiple delivery systems. Reviews quotes and estimates with the project management team.
- Assists with certain post-bid buyouts.
- Initiates and participates in meet and greet presentations with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Comprehends contract requirements for diversity compliance.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Estimator is:
- Someone who is a team player while also being able to independently manage work
- 5-10+ years of experience in a construction estimating role
- A go-getter that can spot problems before they arise
- Proven track record of working with clients within the grocery sector (i.e., Walmart, Kroger, etc.)
- Degree in construction management or related field a plus
- Prior working experience with both hard bid and conceptual estimates
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary commensurate of experience
- Discretionary annual bonuses/project completion bonuses
- 401k with company match
- Medical benefit options
- 2-3 weeks PTO with paid time off for holidays
- Fast track career growth
- Training and development