- Construction Design Build GC looking for a motivated and driven estimator
- Open to compensation discussion, bonus program and stock ownership plans
About Our Client
This client's been in business for several decades and is looking forward to an excellent 2021 and 2022 pipeline. They offer fantastic benefits including profit sharing, bonus potential (top performers earning up to 40%), and structured career development. They are a full-service company who manages projects from new construction to renovations and additions in areas that range from Senior Living, Healthcare, Multi-Family, Education, Light Industrial, Corporate Offices, Municipal work. The company is looking for a driven and motivated estimator in commercial construction in Milwaukee to come in a make an impact from day 1. They are looking for a team player and someone with the ability to lean on co-workers when necessary, as well as support others at times when the workload gets tough. The company has a very cohesive and "work together" mentality when taking on new construction projects and are looking for someone in preconstruction to embody that mindset.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Provide all types of construction estimates (conceptual, detailed, self perform, hard bid, negotiated and cost models) depending on the need and current strategy.
- Help with acquiring construction subcontractors to include in building process.
- Help communicate and interact with construction sub-contractors and component suppliers such as concrete, steel, joist, precast and masonry.
- Assisting in interacting and managing relationships with project owners as required including oversight of meetings with partners and senior project managers.
- Contributing to all phases of bidding until approval from the Chief Estimator.
The Successful Applicant
- 5-15 years of construction estimating experience is ideal.
- Understanding of construction law & accepted business practices.
- Strong teamwork, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
- Associates (required) or Bachelors (preferred) in construction management or engineering.
- Diverse project experience in construction.
- Hard working individual looking to make an impact immediately.
- Good teamwork, someone with the ability to lean on others in the business as well as provide support to younger and greener individuals.
- Someone looking for a bright and long-term future in Milwaukee commercial construction.
- Familiar with several types of construction software the ability to be open-minded when learning new construction software.
What's on Offer
- Salary up to $115,000 per year.
- Individual performance driven bonuses.
- Company performance bonuses.
- Life & Disability insurance.
- Health benefits and insurance.
- Dental benefits and insurance.
- Vision insurance converage.
- 3 weeks PTO and 9 company paid holidays.
- 401k match.
- Excellent career and leadership growth opportunities - add value immediately!
- Direct line to a Senior and even Chief Estimator position if you choose that path.
- Flexible working, tons of autonomy.
- Performance Reviews every year.