Estimator- Commercial Construction
Opportunity to work with a leading General Contractor
Competitive Compensation Package
About Our Client
We are pleased to be partnering with one of the most well run general contractors in the Houston market. This company works within both the public and private sector so have been extremely stable the last few months despite tough market conditions. This is an opportunity for someone to fast track their career into senior leadership roles The successful candidate will be leading the estimating department and support Executive leadership in sourcing and executing bids. The goal is to grow the estimating division as the company grows.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Great opportunity to join one a fantastic family owned and management Houston area general contractor. This company is growing, taking on bigger and better projects. They are looking for a Chief Estimator who can lead the estimating division and eventually mentor junior estimators as the company grows. Selected responsibilities include:
- Solicit and maintain strong relationships with current and potential clients
- Prepare and submit proposals, within time-frame and following up until closed
- Facilitate an effective hand-off to the project manager
- Monitor budgets throughout the construction process
- Evaluate and prepare pricing for change orders.
- Update & maintain accurate pipeline reports, track leads, bookings, forecasting, reporting
- Build out a small department of other estimating professionals
- Flexible enough to handle some project management duties
- Utilize technology to actualize on effective project and cost delivery
The Successful Applicant
Due to the high value and the complexity of the projects our client works on, to be considered for this role candidates are required to have an excellent track record as an estimator. Our client values breadth of experience but their two main divisions are commercial and multifamily. They do have some civil projects so some exposure to small civil construction projects is a plus.
Candidates looking to progress their careers and be fast tracked into a senior leadership roles are highly desired.
What's on Offer
Strong base salary plus bonus and other long term incentives.