- High Volume GC in MIlwaukee
- Opportunity to work on high profile projects
About Our Client
Our client is a well-established General Contractor in the Greater Milwaukee area. They have been in the industry for 50+ years and have been ranked as one of the best places to work. Employee satisfaction is one of their top priorities, so they offer great benefits, compensation packages, and a variety of other perks. If you are looking to join a successful company, with strong values and a collaborative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you!
- Coordinates with Project Manager to provide cost and value management during design.
- Presents all estimates and value added alternates to the owner and the design team.
- Examines and analyzes estimates, schedules and constructability reviews for accuracy and sufficiency.
- Coordinates with the Project Manager and Superintendent to provide Constructability Reviews during all phases of design.
- Identifies any direct long lead items during design and assist with the development a procurement strategy for the long lead items.
- Actively participates in all design meetings with owners and architects during development of the design and provides feedback directly to owners and architects during the design process to enhance the cost, schedule, quality, and constructability of a project.
- Attends initial meetings with owners and architects to discuss the budget plan
- Generates cost data received by subcontractors for estimators and examines data received for accuracy of content before completing the final bid estimate
- Effectively communicate his or her understanding of the projects and the scope of work with internal teams as well as with project owner and design team for success.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management or relevant experience
- 6+ years of experience in estimating
- Ability to read architectural plans and develop cost estimates
- Project estimation of $5M+ bids
- Experience managing multiple projects at a time or single projects of larger scope (preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or relevant technology (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors, and clients.
- Experience maintaining strong relationship with local subcontractors, architects, and clients
What's on Offer
- Competitive market salary, starting at $100,000
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Health/Vision/401K Match
- Flexible work hours
- 3 weeks PTO and paid holidays
- An incredible culture, and a collaborative, helpful team
- Opportunity for quick advancement internally