- General Contractor with 50 yr track record of success in the commercial markets
- 100% paid healthcare, 401k, vacation, sick time, and personal leave!
About Our Client
Our client is a well-established General Contractor in the Chicagoland area. They have been in the industry for 50+ years and have been ranked as one of the best places to work for 4 consecutive years. Employee satisfaction is one of their top priorities, so they offer great benefits, compensation packages, and a variety of other perks. If you are looking to join a successful company, with strong values and a collaborative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you!
- Project Portfolio: (ground up & interior build-outs) Commercial, Civic, Education, Retail, Healthcare, Industrial, Religious, and hospitality projects.
- Project Values: $3M - $100M ground up
- Revenue: Yearly Revenue $100M+
- Strong Compensation and Benefits Package (with bonus)
- They have implemented a strong push for diversity and inclusion and have established a great culture of employees
- Strong pipeline of projects through 2022 leading into 2023
The key responsibilities of the Estimator:
- Managing all documentation to ensure the project is compliant, remains on schedule, and remains within budget while monitoring all costs.
- Obtaining, assembling, distributing, and filling all as-built drawings, warranties, certificates of occupancy, and lien releases.
- Scheduling projects in logical steps and budgeting time required to meet deadlines.
- Building and maintaining relationships critical to the success of the overall project and company
- Track and analyze data to reduce gaps between estimates and actual costs.
- Obtain and track subcontract bids and negotiate budgets.
- Prepare and present estimate documentation, including gaps in available data.
- Prepares estimates according to the requirements of multiple delivery systems. Reviews quotes and estimates with the project management team
- Assists with certain post-bid buyouts.
- Initiates and participates in meet and greet presentations with subcontractors and suppliers.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Estimator:
- BS degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or Project Management preferred
- 4+ years of experience
- Commercial construction estimating experience required
- Experience with conceptual estimating
- Ground up project knowledge and experience
What's on Offer
- A competitive base salary between $80,000-$120,000 (Depending on Experience)
- Competitive bonus structure, project/profit based. Typically between $8,000-$15,000 in the first year)
- Medical insurance including dental and vision (100% coverage for individual and dependents)
- Generous 401K and match structure
- Gas card
- Company profit sharing
- Robust career advancement opportunity
- Strong training programs
- Generous PTO days
- Company wide events
- DE&I Initiatives
- Flexible work environment