- Direct development and mentorship for the Sr. VP of Retail & Director of Precon
- Competitive compensation package on top of great work life balance
About Our Client
Our client is a General Contractor in the Indianapolis area with a presence across the US. They have an extensive backlog of exciting Commercial, Retail and Multifamily projects. They are a group of leaders who serve one-another, as well as, the communities they work with. Our client takes on a proactive approach to every aspect of their business activities. This exciting opportunity will work on large-scale Mixed-use projects.
The ideal Estimator will:
- Prepare construction budget according to plans, specifications and blueprints
- Prepare estimates/budgets used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Assess cost effectiveness of design, products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Understand and show effectiveness in the buyout process.
- Establish and maintain tendering process and conduct negotiations and assist with contractor vetting.
- Obtain bids and pricing from vendors and subcontractors
- Resolve cost discrepancies
- Attend bid meetings and owner meetings
- Interface with Project Managers, executives, architects, engineers and other stakeholders
- Survey potential sites for suitability and cost
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Estimator will have:
- Bachelor's Degree required in the area of Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of Estimating experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to relate well across the organization and with clients.
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access & PowerPoint) as well as Procore and ProEst
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects while continuing to meet project deadlines
- Exceptional problem-solving, analytical, organizational and time management skills
What's on Offer
The ideal Estimator will be offered:
- Work for a GC with a steady backlog of projects
- Competitive base salary ranging from $85k-$115k
- Performance bonus
- Direct development and mentorship from the Sr. VP
- Opportunities for career mobility
- Excellent team member engagement
- High employee satisfaction
- Health benefits for individual and dependents
- 401K and company match