- Fantastic opportunity to advance at a growing development firm.
- Complex projects ranging up to $100M
About Our Client
My client is a design build general contractor with over 50 years of experience in the market. They have offices located in both St. Louis and Kansas City. They are a reputable client in the market, with an extensive portfolio of projects. They have projects both regional and nationally, focused in: light industrial, healthcare, multifamily, cannabis, food & beverage, commercial, and retail. They have done projects for companies such as: FedEx, Amazon, McDonald's, 1st Phorm, and more. Great opportunity to work for a company that is relationship driven, offers growth opportunities, and has a collaborative environment.
The main duties and responsibilities of the Estimator will include the following:
- Create conceptual, schematic design, design development, and construction document, budgets and estimate.
- Document owner outline specifications and assist in creating bid scopes for bidding.
- Perform quantity takeoff estimates for all trades involved.
- Assemble preliminary schedules as required.
- Support project managers as principal in key meetings.
- Create and maintain cost history database and library/unit costs.
- Assist in establishing outline specifications, construction, architectural, and schedule for owner contracts.
- Other duties as assigned.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- A Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or similar.
- 5+ years of experience in an estimating role with a background estimating; commercial, mixed-use, restaurant, hotel and education projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial construction ranging in costs from 1 million to 100 million dollars.
- Experience utilizing estimating software, such as On-Screen Takeoff, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite and Bluebeam.
- The ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to work well both independently and in a team setting.
- Travel will be required to visit jobsites; reliable transportation is required.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary ranging from $90k - $120k (based on overall experience)
- Bonus earning potential
- Car and phone allowance
- Exposure to a wide variety of projects across markets
- 401K, PTO, excellent healthcare benefits
- Long-term growth potential
- Collaborative and transparent company culture