- Become an experienced Estimator with Chicago's most reputable General Contractor
- Unmatched benefits and annual salary review
About Our Client
Our client offers a full range of construction services that prioritizes quality over quantity. They have a strong client repetition which is a key aspect to their business and annual revenue. Voted "Top Work Places" by the Chicago Tribune, they focus on employee career growth, the opportunity to build meaningful projects, and expanding the impact they have. Their pipeline is significantly higher than anticipated for the next couple years. Additionally, our client places a strong emphasis on positive company culture and they want to grow their team with strong construction professionals.
- Managing all documentation to ensure the project is compliant, remains on schedule, and remains within budget while monitoring all costs.
- Obtaining, assembling, distributing, and filling all as-built drawings, warranties, certificates of occupancy, and lien releases.
- Scheduling projects in logical steps and budgeting time required to meet deadlines.
- Building and maintaining relationships critical to the success of the overall project and company
- Track and analyze data to reduce gaps between estimates and actual costs.
- Obtain and track subcontract bids and negotiate budgets.
- Prepare and present estimate documentation, including gaps in available data.
- Prepares estimates according to the requirements of multiple delivery systems. Reviews quotes and estimates with the project management team
- Assists with certain post-bid buyouts.
- Initiates and participates in meet and greet presentations with subcontractors and suppliers.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- B.S. in Construction Engineering or related technical area
- 0-3+ years experience
- Knowledge of On-Screen Takeoff (OST) or similar electronic takeoff program
- Knowledge of WinEst or similar electronic estimating software
- Prior experience with Revit
- Work from Barington office
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccine required upon hire
What's on Offer
- A competitive base salary between $80,000-$130,000 (Depending on Experience)
- Competitive bonus structure, project/profit based. Typically between $8,000-$15,000 in the first year)
- Medical insurance including dental and vision (100% coverage for individual and dependents)
- Generous 401K structure
- Gas card
- Company profit sharing
- Robust career advancement opportunity
- Strong training programs
- 10 PTO Days
- Company wide events
- Gas/fuel card offered
- Company Vehicle offered
- Company phone and laptop provided
- DE&I Initiative
- Possibility for flexible work