Reputable Company with a focus on Commercial Projects
Based in Houston
About Our Client
The client is an established Houston based general contractor with a pipeline of commercial projects. They are looking for an experienced Senior Estimator that is looking for a long-term opportunity.
The construction Estimator will be responsible for the following tasks:
* Work closely with the Pre-Construction Manager
* Provide input to the project team to help determine bidding approach.
* Read and interpret project specifications and plans to prepare detailed, comprehensive and accurate quantity surveys
* Generates estimates & proposals for selected projects.
* Obtains bidders lists for projects that have been scoped & estimated.
* Actively pursues bid projects with timely follow up & awareness of project status.
The Successful Applicant
* Minimum of 8 year's experience in the construction industry with a commercial general contractor
* Field experience as a Project Manager is desirable
* Proficiency with computer software used in the construction industry
* Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial
* Demonstrated understanding and knowledge about estimating processes and delivery methods
* Vast knowledge of all trades: scope, time-frames/field execution, typical missed scope/exposures
* Knowledge of contract types and deal structures
What's on Offer
* Competitive base salary depending on project experience and skills.
* Bonus incentives