Estimator - Custom Homes - Charleston, SC
Looking to build homes $3M+ with a family oriented business?
Trying to find a position where your work/life balance is actually cared about?
About Our Client
One of the top custom home builders in Charleston is looking to bring on a new Estimator to assist in the work currently going through the design process. This residential builder has the reputation of being one of the best custom builders in South Carolina and throughout the surrounding islands. With their gorgeous homes starting at $4M, they are perfectionists at heart and hold strong passions for their creations, all while keeping a positive atmosphere and creating friendships with their clientele.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the home-building process and material/labor specifications.
- Interact with subcontractors, homeowners, and future homeowners on a daily/weekly basis
- Manage costs within company guidelines
- Demonstrate a knowledge of construction scheduling and execute scheduling in appropriate sequence and stage to ensure homes are completed in a timely manner
- Candidates should have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office, and strong interpersonal skills with an ability to consistently balance the interests of multiple stakeholders.
- Critical competencies should include strong organizational skills, intense attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and work within strict time-frames, comfortable working with numbers and knowledge of accounting practices, problem solving (analyze problems and make sound decisions in a timely manner).
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of experience estimating high end, luxury, custom homes, upwards of $3M
- Bachelor's Degree
- Sage estimating software experience required
- Ability to build cost estimates base on architectural sketches and on-site measurements
- Attention to detail is crucial
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of success
Send your resume into the associated link if you obtain the above requirements.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary: $75,000+ (BOE)
- Discretionary bonus
- Health and medical benefits
- Company match on 401k
- Join one of the best and most stable custom home builders in the area!
Apply now for immediate consideration!