- Join well-established team with a team-driven, collaborative & innovative spirit
- Direct development and mentorship for the Sr. VP of Retail & Director of Precon
About Our Client
Our client is a locally based Commercial General Contractor located just north of Downtown Indianapolis, serving both the Indy area along with ten other states for the last 50-years. They strive on quality service which brings consistent repeat business in Retail, Commercial, Education, Office, and many more markets. While serving many markets, they are an all-encompassing professional team as a Construction Manager, Design Build, and General Contractor.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The ideal Estimator will:
- Prepare construction budget according to plans, specifications and blueprints
- Prepare estimates/budgets used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Assess cost effectiveness of design, products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Understand and show effectiveness in the buyout process.
- Establish and maintain tendering process and conduct negotiations and assist with contractor vetting.
- Obtain bids and pricing from vendors and subcontractors
- Resolve cost discrepancies
- Attend bid meetings and owner meetings
- Interface with Project Managers, executives, architects, engineers and other stakeholders
- Survey potential sites for suitability and cost
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Estimator will have:
- Bachelor's Degree required in the area of Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of Estimating experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to relate well across the organization and with clients.
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access & PowerPoint) as well as Procore and ProEst
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects while continuing to meet project deadlines
- Exceptional problem-solving, analytical, organizational and time management skills
What's on Offer
The ideal Estimator will be offered:
- Work for a GC with a steady backlog of projects
- Competitive base salary ranging from $75k-$100k
- Performance bonus
- Direct development and mentorship from the Director of Estimating
- Opportunities for career mobility
- Excellent team member engagement
- High employee satisfaction
- Health benefits for individual and dependents
- 401K and company match
Interested? Apply or reach out directly for further consideration.