- Preconstruction Manager or Estimator role in commercial construction.
- Great work life balance, local work to Milwaukee, Kenosha & Racine.
About Our Client
An industry-leading provider of commercial general contracting and design-build services for public and private sector construction clients across Wisconsin. Performing both interiors and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Works directly with Chief Estimator & Owner of the company to generate estimates for small and medium sized projects.
- Operating primarily within the commercial, industrial, medical, education and corporate construction spaces.
- Average project sizes bid typically range in between $100,000 to $2.5M.
- Compile bidders lists with PM's.
- Maintains bid log and actively updates status for management.
- Interact directly with project owners as required including attending meetings with partners and project managers.
- Bi-weekly project updates with entire team.
- Work closely with owners as needed, including walk-through' s, for bid preparation and proposal development.
- Communicate and interact with sub-contractors and component suppliers such as concrete, steel, joist, precast and masonry.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5+ years in commercial construction estimating or preconstruction.
- Must be able to quickly and accurately review plans and evaluate drawings.
- Familiarity with local jurisdictions, codes and review processes a plus.
- Superior attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiarity estimating within the commercial, industrial, medical, education and corporate construction spaces.
- Comfortable bidding an average project size in between $100,000 to $2.5M.
What's on Offer
- Up to $110,000 base salary
- Individual performance bonuses
- Company profit bonuses
- Health insurance benefits
- Dental insurance benefits
- Vision insurance benefits
- 3 weeks PTO
- 401k company match
- Company cell phone, iPad and computer
- Maternal and Paternal leave
- An excellent company culture and a chance to join a great team
Reach out to (312) 263-8422 or send a resume to be considered within 24 hours!