- Leading general contractor with great reputation and varied projects
- Highly flexible work environment with work from home opportunity!
About Our Client
This Chicago-based commercial General Contractor was established over 50 years ago and has developed a very strong reputation in the area. They believe in valuing and advancing their employees' careers and forming positive relationships within the community. If you are looking for a positive company culture with terrific work/life balance at a rapidly growing GC, please apply today!
- Project Portfolio: (ground up & interior build-outs) Commercial, Civic, Education, Retail, Healthcare, Industrial, Religious, and hospitality projects.
- Project Values: $3M - $100M ground up
- Revenue: Yearly Revenue $100M+
- Strong Compensation and Benefits Package (with bonus)
- They have implemented a strong push for diversity and inclusion and have established a great culture of employees
- Strong pipeline of projects through 2022 leading into 2023
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The key responsibilities of the Estimator:
- Managing all documentation to ensure the project is compliant, remains on schedule, and remains within budget while monitoring all costs.
- Obtaining, assembling, distributing, and filling all as-built drawings, warranties, certificates of occupancy, and lien releases.
- Scheduling projects in logical steps and budgeting time required to meet deadlines.
- Building and maintaining relationships critical to the success of the overall project and company
- Track and analyze data to reduce gaps between estimates and actual costs.
- Obtain and track subcontract bids and negotiate budgets.
- Prepare and present estimate documentation, including gaps in available data.
- Prepares estimates according to the requirements of multiple delivery systems. Reviews quotes and estimates with the project management team
- Assists with certain post-bid buyouts.
- Initiates and participates in meet and greet presentations with subcontractors and suppliers.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Estimator:
- BS degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or Project Management preferred
- Commercial construction estimating experience required
- Experience with conceptual estimating
- Ground up project knowledge and experience
What's on Offer
- A competitive base salary between $80,000-$130,000 (Depending on Experience)
- Competitive bonus structure, project/profit based. Typically between $8,000-$15,000 in the first year.
- Full health insurance package, plus PTO, paid holidays, 401k match, and profit sharing plan
- Company wide events, team bonding, and charitable outings
- Robust career advancement opportunity
- Strong training programs
- Flexible work hours