- Work directly with the VP on high profile projects all local to the Madison area
- Above market base salary (Up to $125K), high bonus potential and top benefits
About Our Client
- Multi-generation company - still family owned and will continue to be down the road.
- $550M per year, with $600M on the books for 2022.
- 2 offices in Wisconsin (Madison, Milwaukee) and are looking to open up a 3rd within the next year or so. This estimating position would sit directly out of the downtown Madison office.
- Self-perform all carpentry.
- Specialize in large healthcare, education, multi-family, senior living, corporate offices, light industrial work. Project sizes range from $10K - $200M+.
- Award winning leadership and a close family-like culture in place.
- New, modern office space.
- Collect historical cost data to estimate costs for both current and future products.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel and construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve all issues.
- Create estimates for management for planning and scheduling work.
- Ability to read blueprints and other documents to prepare all estimates for time, cost, materials and labor.
- Consult with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on all changes/adjustments made to cost estimates.
- Assess the cost effectiveness of products, services and actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors and or subcontractors.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems.
- Establish and maintain tendering process and conduct negotiations.
- Prepare and maintain complete directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Review all material and labor requirements.
- Prepare all cost and expenditure statements and any other necessary documentation throughout the duration of project.
- Visit site and record information about access, drainage and topography.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or Project Management preferred.
- 7+ years of estimating experience in commercial construction or with trades.
- Experience with preparing bids.
- Has hands-on experience estimating projects based off of blue prints.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ground-up commercial or industrial experience required.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary up to $125,000
- High bonus earning potential (both personal and company bonuses)
- Full benefits (Healthcare, Vision and Dental)
- Life Insurance
- Short and long term disability
- 401K with high company match
- Cell phone, laptop and other tech
- Car allowance
- PTO (Up to 3+ weeks starting)
- Company holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Paternity and maternity leave
- Robust growth potential - path to Estimator II in sight on day 1
- Award winning leadership team
- Excellent work/life balance - no crazy hours or weekend work
- Work on high profile projects all local to the Madison area