Leading General Contractor in the Nation
Strong backlog, extensive benefits, and high salary
About Our Client
My client is ranked in the top 50 general contractors in the country since 1997. They are a national commercial contractor and construction manager that has grown doing a broad range of different projects.
Whether a multi-million-dollar technical facility or a conference room renovation, hospital project, or entertainment center, they execute every project with relentless accountability meeting deadlines and having an extensive project list to keep their employees busy.
The estimator will be responsible for the following tasks throughout the region they are placed in whether it is Los Angeles, Orange County, and the Inland Empire.
- Must have experience preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility level documentation
- Ability to prepare detailed estimate updates, as the design evolves, including preparing variance summaries between estimates
- Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction cost
- Ability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages
- Must have experience writing and negotiating subcontracts
- Must be prepared to participate and often lead the preparation and presentation of cost / budget information to the Customer / Owner
- Willingness and desire to actively participate in Value Engineering sessions with the project team and design team
- Must have experience being a member of the team involved in Request for Proposal Responses (RFP's) and the formal presentation for a project
- Has the ability to develop business with new and existing Customers
The Successful Applicant
The successful estimator will have:
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Effective participation in team environment
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Estimating software (Timberline or similar), Project Management software (Prolog or similar), and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar)
- 5+ years of experience as a Commercial Construction Estimator, preferably within DPR's Core Market projects
- Bachelor's degree a plus but not required
- A strong work ethic and a "can-do" attitude
What's on Offer
The estimator will be given the following benefits!
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401k matching
- Vacation Days