Strong Project Pipeline in the commercial - office construction field!
High energy environment where the company promotes from within!
About Our Client
This client is an up and coming General Contractor that is locally owned and operated. They have been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in the area and are in a really good position to sustain their success.
The Construction Estimator - Commercial Office Projects is responsible for:
- Work closely with the Preconstruction Manager
- Provide input to the project team to help determine bidding approach.
- Read and interpret project specifications and plans to prepare detailed, comprehensive and accurate quantity surveys
- Generates estimates & proposals for selected projects.
- Obtains bidders lists for projects that have been scoped & estimated.
- Actively pursues bid projects with timely follow up & awareness of project status.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the construction industry with a commercial general contractor
- Field experience as a Project Manager is desirable
- Proficiency with computer software used in the construction industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge about estimating processes and delivery methods
- Vast knowledge of all trades: scope, time-frames/field execution, typical missed scope/exposures
- Knowledge of contract types and deal structures
What's on Offer
A few of the many perks offered by our client are:
- Competitive base salary depending on project experience and skills.
- Bonus incentives
- Paid vacation