Large GC with an impressive record of large commercial projects
Wanting a change within the Commercial Construction Industry
About Our Client
We are a full-service general contractor that delivers high-quality, cost-effective results that meet client goals. We specialize in retail, Big Box, restaurant, industrial, medical, and hospitality industries. We have earned a reputation for on-budget performance, with high levels of service and responsiveness to client needs.We offer a wide range of construction related services including Design-Build, Architectural, Engineering, Construction Management, and Consulting.
The Construction Estimator will:
- Performs accurate, thorough and timely quantity takeoffs using company format, detail and coding for all CSI division systems for all levels of project documents (schematic, design development and, construction documents).
- Develops and analyzes value management analysis options.
- Ensures all data placed in the historical database is accurate.
- Performs technical/plan review when required.
- Considers and understands problems, and identifies appropriate solutions.
- Develops knowledge in building designs, systems and construction materials through available resources and use this knowledge in guiding the owner to a viable project.
- Accurately assesses and plans takeoff workload.
- May assist in purchasing or buyout duties.
- Becomes proficient in all computer software programs used in preconstruction with particular emphasis on estimating software ( On-Screen Takeoff (OST), , , and іSqFt).
- Manages multiple projects concurrently with ability to multitask.
- Obtains clarification on plans and specifications from architects and engineers when necessary.
- May assist the project management team in soliciting and analyzing subcontractor and vendor pricing input when required.
- Attends project site pre-bid meetings, site tours, and post-bid interviews as required.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ Years of Estimator experience in construction
- Knowledgeable in some or all of the following: civil/site construction, foundation and structural systems, interior finishes, exterior wall systems, mechanical and electrical systems and the costs of these systems.
- Must have the ability to manage leading large bid with a value of $500K to $20M+ on preconstruction and large commercial projects.
- Must possess knowledge of exterior building wall systems and interior finish construction systems.
- Must demonstrate expanding knowledge of construction details about miscellaneous metals, casework, doors, specialties, radiation protection, and other trades.
- Possess good organizational and management skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to develop new skills and knowledge quickly.
- Resourceful and diligent in seeking solutions to problems and adapting to new situations.
- Possess the ability to estimate all aspects of a commercial construction project, assemble into one budget, and present to owners.
- Must be able to view things from an owner's perspective and present accordingly.
- Must be able to operate as a "stand alone" estimator able to handle complete projects if required.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Travel benefits
- Excellent bonus scheme