Join a reputable general contractor, with a diverse portfolio
About Our Client
This client is a mid-sized Design, Build and General Contractor in the Commercial Construction market in Maine. They offer a diverse portfolio including new construction and also expansion/renovation projects within not only commercial interiors, but also corporate offices, warehouse/industrial work, healthcare & lab facilities, retail, and automotive dealerships.
They are currently seeking a mid-level Estimator to work along side their Chief Estimator on a variety of projects.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
As the Construction Estimator, you will be responsible for:
- Cost evaluation.
- Keep updated on pricing and technology.
- Determine bid work feasibility.
- Put together bid package and compile analysis relative to bid work.
- Establish relationships with subcontractors, material suppliers and other industry professionals.
- Meet trade bid requirements.
- Assist with preparation of general contracting proposals
- Participate in presentations
- Responsible for closing sales.
- Review final estimate packages.
- Coordinate the project cost estimating process with project staff.
- Calculate material quantity requirements.
- Ability to provide both conceptual estimates of cost and detailed line item budgeting for projects in various stages of development and design.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Construction Estimator will have:
- 5+ years of construction estimating required
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Building Construction Technology, or related field (preferred)
- Commercial project experience (office, medical, healthcare, retail, automotive, etc)
- Ability to manage client relationship and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects
- Strong computer systems knowledge
What's on Offer
The Construction Estimator will receive:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, and vision
- 401K with company match
- Monthly auto allowance and/or gas stipend
- Company Laptop