- Work with a extremely reputable developer known nationally.
- Sky is the limit on upward mobility
About Our Client
The client is a mid-sized Developer based out of the Cincinnati area who has been around for over 20 years. They have over 10 projects in their pipeline and possess strong relationships and a good reputation with subcontractors and developers throughout the US. They value longevity for their employees and want people who are looking to grow into leadership positions and be at the company for a long time.
- Aid in the oversight of due diligence and entitlements after the acceptance of a Reservation of Credits for Tax Credit Projects AND pursuant to the Investment Committee approvals of Affordable Projects.
- Facilitate the expediting and managing of the State and Local permit approval and closing processes.
- Assist with the responsibility for development of land plans, civil site plans and building plans in order to expedite construction start and finance closings.
- Assist with securing third party Pre-Development services such as, Phase 1 environmental site investigations, Geotechnical site investigations, and Accessibility plan reviews. Ability to understand the reports generated by these consultants and distribute to each member of the Pre-Development team as needed.
- Verify all development and finance commitments are clear on the final plans and specifications for each project.
- Coordinate with General Contractor all land plans, civil engineering site plans, third party consultant reports, and building plans throughout the design and permit approval process.
- Assist in generating contracts to General Contractors, Civil Engineers, and third party consultants.
- Collaborate with the Development Team to value engineer all aspects of final plans and specifications.
- Attend as necessary, any jurisdictional meetings (Boards, Staff, and Consultants) for purposes of expediting approvals to allow finance closing and construction start (travel may be required).
- Attend Owner meetings with the Architect and General Contractor periodically when the Development Director is unable to do so (travel may be required).
- Attend Owner Punch Walks, as needed, during the completion of a project to generate a punch list for the General Contractor with the Project Architect (travel may be required).
- Perform other project management related duties, as assigned
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to travel as needed for meetings, site visits, and quality control reviews.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Education/Work Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, architecture, civil engineering, or project management with (3) years' work experience (Preferred).
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree as mentioned above, a Bachelor's Degree in an unrelated field plus (5) year's work experience within the construction industry is required.
- If no degree is held, (8) year's work experience in the construction field with an emphasis in multi-family construction is required.
- Experience in development of affordable or market rate multi-family housing is preferred.
- Must be well versed in reading civil engineering site plans, architect drawings, and interpreting consultant reports such as geotechnical and environmental investigations.
- Should be proficient in document processing and development, including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Smartsheet, Procore, or similar project management software a plus but not required.
What's on Offer
- Base salary up to $100K depending upon experience.
- 401(k) Retirement plan with Company match
- Employer paid medical plan with option to upgrade for additional coverage
- FSA, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability
- Company paid holidays and unlimited vacation. We encourage our people to focus on producing great results rather than just putting in the hours.
- Professional development assistance and tuition reimbursement