- Become an experienced Estimator with Chicago's most reputable General Contractor
- Bring valuable insight on preconstruction matters within a collaborative team.
About Our Client
Our reputable client ties to tradition while exploring the best practices in the field of construction. This General Contractor has had $3+ billion of work this past decade. They work in an array of markets from healthcare to multifamily. Employees can grow their career by developing, challenging, and leading the advancement of the building industry. Employees are given a work/life balance with unmatched benefits.
- Work with the entire preconstruction team in various capacities
- Accurately estimate projects from conceptual through construction document phases
- Present Value Engineering ideas when required.
- Interpret and accurately compare contractor proposals through detailed bid analysis sheet.
- Prepare quantity surveys for most construction trade work
- Maintain subcontractor relations and build subcontractor interest for future bids.
- Assist in maintaining historical cost database and as well as subcontractor database.
- Maintain good working knowledge of current unit costs and building costs/s.f.
- Maintain and build stronger client relations.
- Negotiate, award and write subcontracts.
- Accurately estimate general condition costs as well as preliminary scheduling.
- Navigate and utilize information contained in REVIT Models
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction or Civil Engineering
- 5-10+ years of experience of estimating experience
- High-end residential experience bidding
- Efficient in high-level software experience
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Strong attention and accuracy to detail
- Ability to work alongside others
- Strong work ethic
What's on Offer
- Salary that matches experience up to $130k
- Bonus potential
- Healthcare plan
- 401k match
- 4 weeks+ PTO
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Annual salary review
- Standard Holidays
- Company Outings
- Work from home flexibility