- Looking for a self starter with experience in a variety of estimating
- Competitive compensation package and high growth potential
About Our Client
As a national construction firm, our client is committed to supporting our Clients with solutions in a variety of specialized markets, wherever those needs may be. Their team of experts provides customized solutions ranging from individual, one-of-a-kind projects to national rollout programs consisting of prototypical facilities delivered simultaneously in multiple states. Our client is your single source for the conceptualization, development, design, and construction of facilities. They serve Commercial, Multifamily, and Retail construction markets. Due to a high level of demand for their services they are looking to add a Estimator.
The key responsibilities of the Estimator are:
- Responsible for handling the bid process
- Lead a complete project cost evaluation
- Develop detailed scopes of work
- Understanding of differential pricing and when to use different unit costs
- Ability to assemble and present a complete presentation
- Ability to prepare detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies
- Participate in client meetings and actively present and review estimates
- Develop and build relationships with local subcontractor market
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Estimator candidate will have:
- Construction related degree is preferred
- 6-10 years of experience in a preconstruction or estimating role with projects up to and in excess $5M, conceptual and hard bid experience is preferred.
- Experience with the bidding process: soliciting bids, communicating with bidders, evaluating subcontractor proposals, using bid tally sheets, etc.
- Experience in using Estimating software
- Ideally you will have experience in the following markets - industrial, workplace, retail, health care, hospitality, and higher education
What's on Offer
On offer for a Estimator applicant is:
- Competitive base salary ranging from $90,000 - $120,000+ dependent on applicant experience
- Fully employer paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- A company provided 401k with company match
- Company vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Industry leading company offering excellent stability and pipeline of projects
- Opportunity for growth into senior level positions such as Director of Preconstruction or Sr. Estimator
- Gas Card and Mileage reimbursement
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 3 Weeks PTO + paid company holidays