- Benchmark-setting, award winning design, construction, and facility management
- Top Detroit GC specializing in Design Build projects throughout North America
About Our Client
Our client is a privately owned construction company with ongoing operations in the United States, Canada and Mexico delivering benchmark-setting, award winning design, construction, and facility management solutions to its select customer base. They are proud of our "boots on the ground, hands on the throttle" heritage. Established in the 1960s as a foundation, trenching, and concrete services company, their founder guided his business with Midwestern family values and an unconditional commitment to its customers and their success. During the '70's, our client became a strong family enterprise expanding its construction services, capabilities, and geographic reach by delivering exceptional project results to its customers. Our client has continued its success in the 1990's and grew by providing construction and facility management solutions to Fortune 100 corporations throughout the United States.
- Responsible for handling the bid process
- Lead a complete project cost evaluation
- Develop detailed scopes of work
- Understanding of differential pricing and when to use different unit costs
- Ability to assemble and present a complete presentation
- Ability to prepare detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies
- Participate in client meetings and actively present and review estimates
- Develop and build relationships with local subcontractor market
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Construction related degree is preferred
- 6-10 years of experience in a preconstruction or estimating role with projects up to and in excess $5M, conceptual and hard bid experience is preferred.
- Experience with the bidding process: soliciting bids, communicating with bidders, evaluating subcontractor proposals, using bid tally sheets, etc.
- Experience in using Estimating software
- Ideally you will have experience in the following markets - industrial, workplace, retail, health-care, hospitality, and higher education
What's on Offer
- A competitive base salary ranging from $90,000 - $130,000
- A bonus plan ranging from 15% - 25% of base salary
- Fully employer paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- Company vehicle or car allowance
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Industry leading company offering excellent stability and pipeline of projects
- Opportunity for growth into senior level positions
- Gas Card