- Opportunity to work for one of Michigan's most reputable contractors
- Opportunity to bid, win, and manage construction throughout central MI
About Our Client
We're not just in the business of creating buildings - we're creating neighborhoods, businesses and communities and we're looking for people who are ready to make an impact. My client is a nationally recognized construction, development, and property management provider ranked by Engineering News-Record as one of the top 200 contractors in the nation. With regional offices in the Midwest and Southeast, we've built projects totaling more than $5 billion in varying scope and size, serving education, healthcare, hospitality, multi-unit, mixed-use, senior living, manufacturing and industrial clients. We're delivering forward-thinking ideas with an approach that's built on safety, teamwork and a dedication to quality. My client respects and values the characteristics, talents, and perspectives that make each person unique. We believe that by bringing diverse individuals together, in an inclusive manner we can more effectively collaborate, innovate, and solve the problems that face our world. We are committed to creating and fostering a team, partners, and strategies that reflect this purpose.
- Create conceptual, schematic design, design development, and construction document, budgets and estimate.
- Document owner outline specifications and assist in creating bid scopes for bidding.
- Perform quantity takeoff estimates for all trades involved.
- Assemble preliminary schedules as required.
- Support project managers as principal in key meetings.
- Create and maintain cost history database and library/unit costs.
- Assist in establishing outline specifications, construction, architectural, and schedule for owner contracts.
- 25% travel beyond the daily commute to the main office in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Other duties as assigned.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- A Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or similar.Competency Requirements:
- 7 or more years of experience in an estimating role with a background estimating; commercial, mixed use, restaurant, hotel and education projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial construction ranging in costs from 1 million to 100 million dollars.
- Experience utilizing estimating software, such as On-Screen Takeoff, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite and Bluebeam.
- The ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to work well independently and in a team atmosphere.
- Travel will be required to visit jobsites; reliable transportation required.
Bonus Skills and Experience:
- CSI certification and membership with ASPE, highly desirable.
- Experience with multi-unit and/or hospitality construction, highly desirable.
- Previous field operations experience (carpenter, foreman, subcontractor) is valuable
What's on Offer
My Client offers competitive compensation, 401(k) with company match, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off including, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site health and wellness activities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work schedules, and access to industry-leading technology. Team members are also provided opportunities to help shape their community for future generations through volunteer time off and opportunities for involvement with local organizations.