- Contract role at Global Investment Banking company
- Hybrid position 3 days in office in Midtown, Manhattan.
About Our Client
This client is a global corporate investment banking company.
- Provide administrative support to Managing Director and team (expenses in Concur, calendar management, meeting/event planning, travel arrangements, preparing and printing documents, etc.).
- Maintain multiple calendars in Microsoft Outlook - constructing agendas and calendar details as far in advance as possible (including those for high-level visitors), highlighting key events, coordinating meetings, meals and video/audio conferences.
- Coordinate and oversee extensive travel plans, both domestic and international, creating itineraries that involve different time zones, airline and hotel preferences, client contact details, materials needed for meetings, etc.
- Perform general administrative support such as answering phones, copying, faxing, scanning, filing, mailing, printing, binding, creating and submitting expenses etc.
- Preparing and organizing important documents including PowerPoint presentations (as needed).
- Greet guests/visitors/clients.
- Ad-hoc tasks and projects as needed.
- Work directly with all internal team members / account teams and clients (as needed).
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience working in a corporate environment supporting an executive. Preference given to candidates with experience in a trading floor environment/ investment banking.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Must understand the critical importance of confidentiality.
- Solid demonstrated working knowledge of, and skill in, the Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Outlook: In calendar, ability to create and modify appointments and recurring appointments using the planner; familiarity with features such as labels and private appointments; in email, the ability to compose, send and forward emails as well as perform e-mail blasts and familiarity with features such as in-box management (folders), sort and search.
- Word: ability to create and modify communications using features such as header/footers, pagination, tables, mail merges, hyperlinks, etc.
- Excel: ability to understand, create and use basic functions and formulas to create workbooks.
- PowerPoint: ability to modify presentations.
- Must be self-motivated and proactive/ take initiative; must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and phone manner.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to convey thoughts clearly and succinctly and to communicate pertinent complex information in a clear and organized manner; ability to compose general correspondence, memos and other documents that require little or no editing by manager.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities. Ability to prioritize work.
- Strong orientation toward teamwork.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision.
What's on Offer
- Extremely competitive salary
- Opportunity to commute into Midtown Manhattan office 3 days a week, remote 2 days a week
- Contract opportunity with potential to extend
- In office perks