- Fully Remote
- Join a growing company with great potential for career progression
About Our Client
My client is a startup Manufacturing company in Boston looking for a SEC External Reporting Manager- Manufacturing & Biotech to report into the Director of External Reporting and Technical Accounting. This is a newly created position in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The company is in high growth mode and looking for the right candidate to help in their accounting department!
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
As the SEC External Reporting Manager you will be responsible for:
- Lead technical accounting research and evaluation in a variety of areas, work cross functionally to ensure appropriate treatment and prepare memos and analysis supporting conclusions.
- Assist in preparation of SEC filings upon potential IPO (S-1, 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, etc.);
- Identify required disclosure schedules, outline due dates for the preparers of the schedules and enforce compliance with due dates.
- Manage internal and external review of all filings (external auditors, legal counsel, senior management);
- Assist with management of the monthly close process in accordance with US GAAP.
- Interface with external auditors for annual audits, quarterly reviews and internal control audits, including preparation of required schedules and documentation.
- Manage and review the work of third-party vendors for any project or accounting work that is outsourced.
- Design, implement and participate in projects and activities to support company growth through process improvement activities.
- Implement, update, and refine related accounting policies and procedures
- Participate in special projects or ad-hoc analysis in support of finance department and company initiatives.
- Lead SOX 404 efforts, including documentation of processes and facilitating testing of controls, as necessary.
- Be one of the primary points of contacts for external service provides (Tax, valuation, firm used for Management's SOX testing).
The Successful Applicant
The ideal SEC External Reporting Manager will have the following qualifications:
- Strong technical accounting background and understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC regulatory requirements, including SOX 404, ASC 842, ASC 606, ASC 718 and ASC 815 among others
- Highly detail oriented, organized, self-motivated and commitment to a high level of accuracy.
- Must have strong work ethic and be able to meet critical deadlines. Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work seamlessly in a cross-functional, rapidly changing environment, and to lead and drive complex initiatives.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance and minimum of 5 years of external audit and SEC reporting/technical accounting experience
- Big 4 experience is preferred
- CPA is required
What's on Offer
The SEC External Reporting Manager - Manufacturing & Biotech will be rewarded with the following:
- Base salary of $120,000-$135,000
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 4 Weeks PTO
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match of 6%
- 12% Bonus
- Fully Remote
- Added perks
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume for further consideration.