Facilities Maintenance Specialist - Life Science Properties
Work on Lab/life science and office properties
Join a reputable life science developer within the Cambridge area
About Our Client
My client is a reputable, growing real estate developer specialized in the development and management of commercial properties. With multiple locations across the country this firm offers career advancement opportunities and a dynamic work environment.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Facilities Maintenance Specialist will directly report into the team lead and be responsible to:
- Manage and oversee the delivery of real estate, facilities and office services.
- Manage outsourced suppliers that handle multiple sites of varying complexity.
- Oversees scheduled maintenance and as needed repair of buildings, grounds, or associated systems and equipment.
- Conducts space planning or modifies building/equipment layouts in response to changing organizational needs.
- Implements and maintains on-site programs and technologies that enhance the workplace experience.
- Creates and implements management policies for a portfolio of real estate assets, which may include commercial, office, and or life science.
- Solves complex problems/projects utilizing multiple strategies and tools, including data gathering and analysis, superior communication and collaboration and team-building skills.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Facilities Maintenance Specialist will have:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or other
- 4+ years experience in maintenance or facility operations
- Ideally exposure to MWRA and or lab/life science facilities
- Experience in HVAC, building automation systems graphical interface
- Exposure to commercial real estate - office properties preferred
- Must have and maintain valid driver's license as well as OSHA certified
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player mind-set
- Entrepreneurial spirit
What's on Offer
In return, a successful candidate will receive:
- Competitive base salary depending on experience level
- Discretionary bonus potential
- Extensive benefit package including
- Health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401k plan
- Dynamic culture and focus on career advancement opportunities
- Multiple office location and national company presence