- Well known real estate firm based in Manhattan
- Are looking for a Finance & Operations Manager to join the team
About Our Client
A well known, rapidly growing real estate firm.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The role will involve:
1. Work directly with Corporate Finance and Accounting teams in operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
2. Manage financial analysis for all aspects of community lifecycle, including construction, sales and marketing, closeout and transition as necessary.
3. Work directly with construction lenders to manage project debt, including monthly loan draws, paydowns, and modifications as needed.
4. Attend monthly Finance & Accounting meetings.
5. Prepare monthly Division Finance Reporting packages and present to Senior Leadership
6. Review and manage HOA financial statements and billings from property managers, preparing funding packages for payment and working with manager to ensure compliant reporting to community Boards.
7. Maintain 90-day cash flow projection for each project, critical for understanding near term capital requirements.
8. Manage Capital Calls to Joint Venture Partners
1. Compile and review invoices draw requests for payment to contractors and subcontractors.
2. Ensure all invoices are coded correctly, providing guidance to team members on cost coding adjustments and budget availability.
3. Work with corporate account payables team to ensure payments are paid in a timely manner.
4. Prepare all wire requests and check requests.
5. Manage bi-weekly check run approvals, making recommendations for final approval.
6. Ensure that required debt payments are approved and processed to AP on a timely basis.
7. Ensure property taxes are paid timely.
8. Work with corporate accounting to ensure that fees, overhead, and salaries and are properly charged to projects and received by the company.
9. Work with operations team to ensure project and G&A expenses are appropriately coded within the corporate chart of accounts.
10. Coordination of investor capital accounts, funds, and disbursements
1. Participate in weekly coordination calls with the project teams to ensure critical path and budget focus is maintained.
2. Attend monthly requisition meetings on-site with construction teams, General Contractors, and lender's 3rd party inspectors.
3. Review requisitions with development and construction team and forensic accountant, coordinating corrective actions with General Contractors when necessary.
4. Maintain Anticipated Cost Reports for project GMP budgets.
5. Manage project and GMP Change Orders, working with construction and development teams to verify and approve.
6. Manage community insurance compliance for all subcontractors and vendors, working with third-party risk management and brokers as needed.
7. Manage all insurance incident notices and claims, coordinating with insurance brokers, vendors, and subcontractors as needed to provide necessary materials to carriers and legal teams.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
· Four-year college degree: preferably in Real Estate or Finance.
· 5 years minimum employment experience in similar roles.
· Advanced PC skills: with Excel, Microsoft Word, Power Point, and ERP Accounting System
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Team player with strong work ethic.
· Readily available to travel to current and new development projects on the East Coast.
· Excellent analytical and writing skills required.
· Hands on individual-detail oriented.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and benefits package