- Well known consumer goods business based in Manhattan
- Are looking for a Finance Assistant
About Our Client
Well known Consumer Goods business based in Manhattan.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The key responsibilities entail;
- Process, post entries and daily reconciliations for American Express and UPS accounts
- Daily Recordkeeping of all Corporate American Express Transactions - Including proper gathering of expense backup
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Send out monthly and as needed account statements
- Assist with quarterly general ledger reconciliations and ad-hoc reports
- Running queries in Netsuite for reporting purposes
- Manage receivables for personal shopping business unit (working with personal shopping team to ensure customer payments and deposits are received in a correct and timely manner, resolve discrepancies).
- Assist with implementation of new bank interfaced payment system for personal shopping business unit
- Assist with implementation and A/R testing of Store POS to Shopify POS
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess;
- Experience with Net Suite
- Advanced excel skills with development of templates for reconciliation, experience with .CSV uploads
- Comfort in researching origin of (bank) deposits / transactions - challenge fees and charges
- Excellent communication skills in working with external clients and collections when necessary
- Experience with bank reconciliation, application of cash
- Account Collections as it pertains to Accounts Receivable
- Understand revenue recognition
- Passion for process improvement and automation - ability to write and document new processes
What's on Offer
A competitive hourly rate and benefits package.