- Expanding Multinational Technology company
- Company in need of new leader in the US to take front of the growth
About Our Client
Our client was founded in the UK and is the market leader for rapid deployment, mobile surveillance systems specifically designed to deliver video securely and efficiently via 4G LTE networks.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Prepare the monthly US management accounts (MI Pack) together with variance analysis and commentary
- Correctly account for the US Fixed Assets including additions, disposals and depreciation on a real time basis
- Assist with the creation of the US Year End audit file for the Group audit process in the UK
- Alongside the Executive VP, create the annual budget ready for review with the CFO
- Assist with implementation of new systems being rolled out group wide
- Ensure all processes in relation to the use of the system (currently Access Dimensions) are robust and that adequate training is provided to other users
- Work collaboratively with the UK Financial Controller and the Financial Accountant (UK based) to ensure the inter-company loan account reconciles on a real time basis
- Undertake monthly US margin optimisation reviews with goals and outcomes
- Calculate commission and bonus payments on a monthly basis.
- Federal tax return submissions
- Personal Property Tax return submissions
- Sales tax permit compliance (i.e. checking we are registered in all the relevant sates)
- Ensure correct tax treatment when setting up new US customers and suppliers, predominantly from a sales tax perspective
- Ensure the US business is supported by a strong team of external accountants and advisers wherever knowledge gaps exist.
- Manage the Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger
- Appraise the need for additional resource and system automation on an ongoing basis alongside the Executive VP and CFO to support business growth
- Coordinate and report on staff expenses, including credit cards and petty cash.
- Manage the relationship with US banking partners
- Manage the relationship with US insurance brokers to ensure the US business receives best value policies and support.
- Ensure procedure control documents and relevant Quality Forms provide good internal controls
- Ensure the Dunn and Bradstreet report and any other credit reference agency report is free from error and our results are enhanced wherever possible
- Maintain and develop knowledge around US statutory requirements and filing obligations.
- GSA quarterly reporting
- Responsible for internal and external reporting including but not limited to daily management of the Deals Board
- Calculate, check and provide the UK Financial Controller with the US deals board margin analysis weekly
- Create value added reporting for the US business.
- Assist in performing monthly stock counts as required by management
- Assist in managing the vehicle fleet
- Assist in managing administrative tasks as prescribed by the Executive VP
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or other related fields.
- 5+ years of experience within a Finance role(s).
- Able to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial issues.
- Strong communication skills and experience working cross-functionally across departments.
- Functions well under pressure, consistently pays attention to accuracy and quality of work.
- Expert with Excel and Powerpoint
- Advanced financial modeling and quantitative skills, with a passion for using data to drive better decision-making.
- Ability to work with global teams.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work in the US.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Leave