- Top Chicago Real Estate Developer - breaking ground on new property in 2023!
- Partner directly with the CFO and VP of Accounting and Finance!
About Our Client
My client is a privately held Real Estate Developer started by the founder who got their start in Real Estate nearly 30 years ago. My client is rapidly growing and expanding their presence in the Chicago Real Estate Development market! They are breaking ground this year on multiple properties in the Chicagoland area and expanding their presence into Denver, Colorado as well.
My client is looking for a Financial Analyst that will work directly with the CFO and Director of Finance and Operations to handle the Accounting and Finance for Chicago and Denver. My client is keen on everyone having the opportunity to develop their career and professionally develop offering exposure to Accounting, Finance, and Operations in this blended role!
This role is ideal if you are looking to join a rapidly growing organization, work alongside leadership that will empower you to make decisions and develop professionally!
The Key Responsibilities for the Financial Analyst position:
- Responsible for all Finance functions for US-based properties
- Performing budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling to contribute to analysis and tracking of company revenue targets
- Conduct monthly review P&L for Multifamily and Commercial properties ensuring projections are up to date
- Prepare variance reports to identify actual vs. budget, perform analysis, and provide commentary on variances
- Work cross-functionally with accounting, project management, and operations to identify and resolve significant variances/unusual project transactions
- Supervise the Senior Accountant
- Assist in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close and reporting requirements
- Recommend and improve internal control procedures to enhance efficiency and accuracy of financial reporting
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in accounting
- Previous Real Estate experience preferred
- Ability to train, mentor, and motivate team members
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong business communication and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well cross-functionally
- Exceptional attention to detail
What's on Offer
- True blended Accounting and Finance role!
- Management opportunity - oversee the Senior Accountant
- 401K Match - vested after just 3 months
- 100% paid employee health care
- Work from home Fridays
- Flexible PTO policy
- Parking provided
- Amazing collaborative team culture, fun people to work with
- Mentorship from the CFO and Director of Finance