- Hybrid Working Opportunity
- Full Benefits, 401K
About Our Client
Our Client is an international Law Firm that has grown strategically to anticipate and respond to their clients' needs in markets across the globe. They have a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S.
- Drive advancements in the Firm's reporting, data visualization and analysis capabilities through the use of business intelligence dashboards and report development;
- Desire to acquire knowledge of new systems and practices in accordance with Firm need, including automation and analytical process improvement tools;
- Be passionate about working with data and technology;
- Collaborate with IT and third-party consultants on the development and testing of report automation and system enhancements; create specs, mock-ups and other supporting documentation necessary to define report output or system requirements to meet the business need; communicate issues with existing reports or systems, and follow through testing to resolution;
- Perform in-depth analysis using critical thinking skills to provide accurate financial information in a format that is useful and meaningful to the audience;
- Provide Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and various financial reports, data visualizations, and reporting packages for Firm leadership and management to use in decision making;
- Work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction; take action when answers to a problem are not readily apparent;
- Manage recurring deliverables in accordance with agreed upon specifications and set deadlines;
- Complete complex surveys requested by clients describing nature of work and timekeeper composition on matters;
- Produce both ad-hoc and preconfigured reports and metrics from various financial systems and business intelligence applications, in accordance with the department's best practices and confidentiality requirements;
- Promptly and accurately respond to ad hoc report requests received during a designated time slot during regular work hours; working as part of a team environment, assist colleagues with requests when needed; occasionally handle off-hours urgent requests;
- Log and file completed ad-hoc requests in shared workspace for future reference;
- Maintain reports knowledge library by thoroughly documenting instructions for new reports and removing obsolete documentation;
- Reconcile bank accounts and/or trust accounts; analyze reconciling accounts and determine the next steps; and
- Maintain strict confidentiality of business systems data.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Advanced-level proficiency in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint;
- Experience with 3E accounting software or similar programs;
- Experience with Power BI, SQL, SSAS and VBA (strongly preferred);
- Experience working in a Law Firm (strongly preferred);
- Knowledge of general accounting principles;
- Capability to learn and follow Firm and practice-area-specific procedures and terminology; and
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- A Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance (preferred); and
- At least 5 years of financial reporting experience (preferred).
What's on Offer
Full Benefits Package
Hybrid Work Schedule