- Exciting opportunity for a strong accountant with loan product knowledge
- Leading Investment Bank recruiting a financial control associate
About Our Client
Leading Investment Bank
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Daily production of Balance Sheet Reconciliation and monitoring of key controls.
* Monthly reconciliation of Finance to MARPL P&L.
* Identification and resolution of balance sheet breaks between general ledger and sub-ledger systems.
* Ensure data quality and integrity review of downstream Regulatory Reporting feeds.
* Work closely with colleagues across the Business to utilize reconciliation tools and other control procedures to identify and resolve trade/position/P&L discrepancies in a timely manner. Escalate issues as necessary with effective, clear, and concise communication to management.
* Preparation, posting and review of manual journal entries to clear daily balance sheet breaks as well as to close the books at period end (monthly and quarterly).
The Successful Applicant
Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance.
* CPA a plus, not required.
* Minimum 2+ years in the industry with previous product experience
* Strong accounting skills as well as knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS/US GAAP)
* Advanced MS Excel skills and high aptitude for learning new systems.
* Solid understanding of financial products, experience with fixed income and structured products a plus.
* Strong interpersonal (written and oral communication) skills.
* Ability to use initiative and work efficiently.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to draw up action plans.
* High attention to detail and willingness to "roll-up sleeves" while maintaining a grasp of the "big picture".
What's on Offer
Attractive base and bonus
Opportunity to work at a growing successful Investment Bank
Opportunity to get involved with projects, enhancements and upgrades